Learn the basics of making the most fun quilt block- a crazy quilt! Crazy quilts look awesome, are very easy, and require very little actual measurement. There is an element of improvisation and very little planning involved (the best kind of quilt). You only need little pieces of fabric, so it's a good way to use up scraps from other projects, or to trade with a friend. Using a variety of fabrics, patterns and colors we will create a 12x12 inch quilt block. You will leave this workshop with the confidence to create more blocks and ultimately, a whole crazy quilt.
Materials provided and/or needed
- scraps of cotton fabric, variety of patterns
- a little zine that describes step by step how to sew a crazy quilt block & finish your quilt
What to Bring:
- Your own fabric so we have a variety- your favorite old ties, hankies, patches, tea towels, ribbons, wool, cotton, velvet, silk, etc! This pattern works with small scraps of fabric, so any scraps you have lying around. Keep in mind that if you are a beginner sewer, cotton is the easiest fabric to work with.
- Bring your own sewing machine if you have one.
- Bring your own iron if you have one
- Bring your own rotary cutter & self healing mat if you have one.
- We will have a limited number of sewing machines, irons, rotary cutters & mats available for you to use. If each person has their own, or a pair is ok with sharing, it goes a lot faster!
REGISTER HERE! crazyquilts.eventbrite.com